Monday 21 May 2012

Meeting Rob Da Bank


Yesterday the Lock Tavern in Camden hosted an event for Dj Derek's 70th Birthday. Joining Derek was a number of dj's, including Bestival's creator Rob Da Bank. I have been to Bestival twice and will be attending the festival again this year and can say that it truly is an incredible festival. It's clear how much thought and imagination goes into making Bestival what it is, so I felt obliged to express my love and excitement to Rob Da Bank. He was so genuine and down to earth and took the time to have a quick chat with my friends and I about Bestival. We were all over the moon. 
The event held at the Lock Tavern was intimate and friendly with a lively atmosphere. Dj Derek dropped dub and reggae beats, whilst dressed in his little waistcoat drinking a pint of Guinness... not a bad life for a 70-year-old. 


No comments:

Post a Comment