Tuesday 22 November 2011

Meadham Kirchhoff

I have become obsessed. In fact, I believe obsessed is an understatement. I first came across the Central St. Martin graduates that are Ed Meadham and Ben Kirchhoff when I spotted their AW10 collection. Veils, tiaras, sheer, draped fabrics, I call it dressing up box meets couture. Before that day, I never thought I could get more excited about any other design than I did about Alexander McQueen. With glitter galore and runaway princesses I can safely say Meadham Kirchhoff have stole my heart which once belonged to the almighty McQueen.


Their SS11 show was a trip of acid bright, maintaining a hint of the flavour they let us taste at AW10. I hold the duo responsible for the trend that was dip dye/coloured hair as their models pranced down the runway with rainbow coloured locks. The style seemed to consist of a rich blend of grunge meets Wonderland. My favourite aspect of this collection? The enchanting tiaras, which feature the little ballerinas you find in musical jewellery boxes.


A doll like charm oozed from the models featured at the AW11 show. A colour scheme that consisted of mainly ruby red and jet black contributed to a bewitching vibe. With an injection of a contrasting colour here and there and not to mention the striking hair styling, Meadham Kirchhoff delivered another magical collection.


SS12. This one really blew my mind. When you thought they might be running out of ideas Meadham Kirchhoff brought ballerinas, balloons, and Courtney Love look-a-likes to London Fashion Week. The collection was full of suagr and spice and all things nice, with feathers, appliquéd teddy bears, sequins, rainbows, capes, pom poms, candy floss hair and finger paint make up. I am certain the duo will continue to enchant and inspire throughout their career in fashion.


No comments:

Post a Comment